About the Camp
·Camp is held annually on the third Sunday in June, starting at noon running to 1:00 pm on the following Friday.
· All activities will take place on or near the property of the Allenberry Resort in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania. Students will have indoor lodging, meals, and class time at Allenberry.
· The majority of the time at camp will be spent in a classroom setting, but many sessions will also take place on the stream or outside. The curriculum covers various topics in conservation and fly fishing
· In addition to classroom time, the students all participate in constructing a stream improvement conservation project
· Every morning and evening students are given the opportunity to fly fish on the famous catch and release section of the Yellow Breeches Creek, which is only a few hundred yards from their lodging and classroom.
· On Thursday evening a picnic is held, and the staff of the camp invites all alumni to attend and share any experiences that they have had since attending the camp. Also, the Leon Chandler Award is presented to the current student who most displays leadership qualities in the field of conservation.
· The total cost of the camp is $350
Home About Application Conservation Fly Fishing Links Contact Us
© 2014 Rivers Conservation & Fly Fishing Youth Camp. All rights reserved.